Sunday, February 11, 2018

Shakib had earlier missed the two Tests against Sri Lanka

Shakib had earlier missed the two Tests against Sri Lanka © Getty 

Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan's comeback from a hand injury has been delayed further with the all-rounder set to miss the opening T20I of the two-match series against the visiting Sri Lankan side. While Bangladesh chief selector Minhajul Abedin was hopeful of his return for the second T20I, Shakib himself expressed doubts over his participation for the remainder of the series against Sri Lanka.
Shakib sustained an injury to his left hand during the tri-nation ODI series final and later had to receive stitches. The 30-year-old, who was named the Test and T20I skipper of the national team, was subsequently ruled out of the two-match Test series with Mahmudullah leading in his place.
According to Minhajul, the stitches on Shakib's left hand have been removed and it would require at least a week to heal. "We knew that he might not be available for the opening T20 but we are hopeful that he will be in back in action when we will play the series concluding game in Sylhet," Minhajul told Cricbuzz.
Shakib, meanwhile, said he's unlikely to be unavailable for both the games, setting his sights on the tri-nation T20I series in Sri Lanka, also involving India, for his return to national duties. "I don't think I will be available in the T20 series," he told reporters on Sunday (February 11). "The doctor told me that it will take two weeks to heal fully. I am looking forward to playing in the Nidahas Cup by completing my rehab fully during the upcoming two weeks."

The T20I series against Sri Lanka begins in Dhaka on February 15. The second match of the series will be played in Sylhet on February 18. The tri-nation series in Sri Lanka is set to begin on March 6.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Tips And TricksLatest Tips For BloggersLatest Tips and Tricks